Thursday, November 7, 2013

GLEE DAY IS HERE #AdamLambertOnGleeTonight





Adam Lambert teases debut 'Glee' episode 

"Gleeks, get ready to welcome Adam Lambert! The American Idol alum — who is so much more than just that nowadays, laying down a track on Avicii’s new album and headlining the iHeart Radio festival with Queen — joins the cast of Glee in season five, and he’s about to throw down with your boy Kurt!

Lambert will appear in multiple episodes (starting Thursday) as a Jersey performer named Elliott “Starchild” Gilbert, who initially clashes with Chris Colfer’s character during auditions for a Madonna cover band. “He’s a singer and he’s looking for any way to break into the business, and he’s trying to immerse himself in everything,” says Lambert of Starchild, who will make his debut singing Lady Gaga’s “Marry the Night” while swinging from a chandelier. “That was one of my choices. I saw the set and I said, ‘Can I jump on this?’ Of course, by take 14 I was like, ‘Okay, here we go again.’




Lambert’s first episode “A Katy or a Gaga” marks Glee’s return after a month-long hiatus (following the show’s farewell episode to Cory Monteith ), and it finds the New Directions bickering about their favorite pop queens. “It’s a really interesting episode that explores the balance between being an artist and [having] that type of integrity, and also being a business person and being commercial,” says Lambert. “I’ve been in the music business now after Idol, and gone through the process of putting out songs and working with the radio, so I have a lot of experience with that juggling act.”

Though Lambert got his start in musical theater, the singer hasn’t acted on screen since his first credit: 2006’s The Ten Commandments: The Musical, which was a filmed version of a stage show (starring Val Kilmer!). Glee is Lambert’s major TV acting debut.




“It’s been a minute since I’ve picked up a script, but it was definitely like getting back on a bicycle. I’m excited to play a character and take a little departure from me and have a little fun,” gushes Lambert, adding that he hopes Glee will lead to more acting down the road. “I’ve always loved Jesus Christ Superstar. I want to do a film remake when they decide to get that going.”




As for his music, Lambert is hard at work on his third studio album—he left RCA in July but is in talks with a handful of other labels for a record that could be completed as soon as next year. He also teased the possibility of reuniting with Queen for another go-round in the States. “It just feels like people are really thirsty for it,” he says. “I’m trying to stay busy on a lot of different projects. There’s room for everything, nothing’s exclusive. I’m juggling!”"

http://insidetv.ew.com/









ADAM ON AIR WITH RYAN SEACREST:
Adam Lambert's Glee SPOILERS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEmei8qSVpo

Adam Lambert On Avicii and Queen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu845kKGZs0

Adam Lambert Plays Truth Pong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nux4GuFdJLQ



Re being turned down for Glee in 2009, Adam said 
"not bitter at all. I think things worked out great...the guy told me I was too old and truth is, I probably just sucked. I don’t think I was good enough."

Re Avicii: “He’s so talented. He’s considered a DJ, but he’s really a composer. I mean being in the studio with him, he’s genius. We did the song together with Nile Rodgers.”
Re writing and recording Lay Me Down:
“I had gone to a friend’s birthday party the night before and had been talking to Nile that week... and he calls me the next morning and says, ‘Hey Adam, I’m down here in the studio. You should come down here.’ And I was like, ‘Shoot! I didn’t know. I went out last night...Dude, I had a really good time at this party...I don’t think you’re going to want me there.’ And he’s like, ‘Just come down!’”

All Nile had was the tune, the lyrics of the chorus and first line of the verse which is "Lay me down in darkness, tell me what you see".  Adam wrote the rest of the lyrics in 35 minutes and lay down a killer audio which was a keeper, all with a hangover!




SCREENCAPS & GIFS OF INTERVIEW:
http://lilybop.smugmug.com/
Videos are also there, in case you can't see YouTube












 






Adam Lambert's 'Glee' Debut Is (Finally) Upon Us 
10:09 AM PST 11/7/2013 by Michele Amabile Angermiller
The "American Idol" alum's alter ego, "Starchild," is ready to rock the Fox show.







The wait is over for Adam Lambert fans as the American Idol alum makes his Glee debut Thursday night.

Lambert, who guest stars as Elliott "Starchild" Gilbert in the episode titled "A Katy or a Gaga," will show off his vocal chops with a version of Lady Gaga's "Marry the Night." He delivers the song during an audition to be a part of Kurt's (Chris Colfer) new band.




The season eight runner-up tells The Hollywood Reporter that's he's ready for his close-up.

"I had such a blast filming the show, and loved getting back into acting and working with such great people," he says. "I'm so excited for everyone to see it!"




In a video promoting his appearance, Lambert reveals his character's background. “It’s an homage to [David Bowie's] Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars," he explains. "I think that he’s actually quite normal and down to earth; he goes to NYU and I think he’s kind of a theater geek."




Co-star and X Factor judge Demi Lovato has nothing but praise for Lambert, saying in the clip that his voice is "amazing," "unique" and "something you don't see very often."

In a stroke of irony, Lambert reveals that he auditioned for Glee pre-Idol, but was rejected.

"The casting director was like, 'Wow, I love your voice, but I think you're too old to be on the show,'" he said. "So I didn't get it."



In other Lambert news, the Idol favorite is currently in the studio working on his third album. Now a free agent since parting ways with RCA Records and 19 Recordings , a new record deal is also imminent especially considering recent high-profile appearances like the Avicii song "Lay Me Down," on which Lambert takes the lead vocal and a co-writing credit.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/adam-lambert-glee-role-654129








https://twitter.com/adamlambert/status/3658370137



Tonight on Global the gang from McKinley High try to figure out whether they are more like Katy Perry or Lady Gaga and we had the opportunity to sit down with one of Glee's newest recurring characters, Adam Lambert, who fills us in on why he considers himself a "monster."
"She's not on my speed dial or anything," Adam tells us about his real-life relationship with Mother Monster, but says "hopefully if I see her in passing, I'll get to say 'did you get to see 'Glee'?'"
In case you're wondering, Adam's referring to his role on the hit show.  The singer and American Idol alum plays Elliot Starchild Gilbert, an N.Y.U student who shares Adam's flair for all things dramatic.
"He comes into this audition for Kurt's cover band and he gives them everything he has," Adam tells us about his over-the-top role. Adding, "Every trick, every note, every move! He's even in full costume - he is SO over the top!"  The singer has kept his fans in suspense, releasing only a pics from his time as Starchild on his Instagram page:
In a twist that you couldn't write, Adam confesses that this isn't his first time auditioning for Glee.  He actually auditioned for the show before finding fame on American Idol.  "I read the script and thought, 'What a cool project! This is something I could do!' and I went in there and I read for the part," the singer tells us.  "It wasn't quite right so I didn't get it, but here I am four, five years later."

http://www.etcanada.com/blogs/etc_72083/adam-lambert-dishes-on-his-glee-ful-new-gig/


I'm sups excited for tonight's episode of , who's with me?!


I'm excited too!!! Loved singing Roar.



@ScorpioBert

***



No comments:

Post a Comment